Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What is the average cost of a web site?
- A: There is really no way to generate an average cost as sites differ in price from client to client based on the features they request and the amount of work that comes in at once.
- Q: How long will it take to design a web site?
- A: Multiple factors may affect the time needed to fully complete the design of your site. A few of those factors include the number of pages included in the configuration of your desired web site; if your site requires a database; and if you submit all of the required information. We rely on you, the client, to give us the information and to keep the line of communication open to ensure that your site is completed in a timely fashion.
- Q: How long will my Estimate/Quote be Valid?
- A: All Estimates/Quotes are valid for 30 days.
- Q: How can I contact Charlie & Co..?
- A: You can contact Charlie & Co. by email. Our contact form is in the footer.
- Q: Is Charlie & Co.. Windows or Apple based?
- A: Charlie & Co.. has the best of both worlds to satisfy the needs of a demanding market. We have both Windows and Apple environments.
- Q: Do I have to put a deposit on any design work?
- A: We require a 50% pre-payment on all projects that are above $600, %40 on projects that are above $10,000. The remaining 50% is due on completion of projects that are between $600 and $10,000. On projects over $10,000, a different payment schedule will be created and agreed upon.
- Q: What computer software do we use?
- A: We use all the most up to date Adobe CC (Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, InDesign CC) suite for design services and a combination of Panic Coda, MySQL Workbench and Git (versioned repository) for development.
- Q: Is re-designing currently running websites one of your services?
- A: Yes. In fact, that is one of our most common requests.
Web Design Questions
- Q: What is the difference between a HTML and PHP web site?
- A: Html is a method of describing content: it is Hyper Text Markup Language. HTML gives you several simple commands to describe what things mean, i.e. you tell by coding html that this part of text is paragraph, that part of text is a header, this part of text is a quote and that there is a list. PHP is an internet programming language and it is designed primarily for creation of dynamic web sites with database integration. PHP sites write out HTML coding so it’s almost impossible to say if a web site is PHP based or writing in HTML. As the client, you will only see the HTML source the PHP code has created.
- Q: What is a Domain name?
- A: A domain name is what identifies one or more IP addresses to the domain registry on your hosts Domain Name Servers. For example charlienco.ca is our domain name.
- Q: Is hosting one of our services?
- A: If you need hosting and do not know what company to sign up with, we would be more then happy to give you a referral. Charlie & Co. does not provide hosting as one of our services as we do not own any servers.
- Q: What is SEO?
- A: SEO is short for search engine optimization, the process of increasing the amount of visitors to a website by ranking high in the search results of a search engine. SEO helps to ensure that a site is accessible to a search engines and improves the chances that the site will be found by the search engine.
Print Design Questions
- Q: Who sends my files to print?
- A: This decision is up to you. If you would like us to send your files in, we would require all of the print information along with the email and phone number of the print company you will be using. There are no extra charges or hidden fees for asking us to send your files.
- Q: Is printing one of our services?
- A: If you need your files printed and do not know who to send them to, depending on the type of print job, Charlie & Co. has partners we work with for printing. We do not provide printing as one of our services as we do not own a press.